Monday, November 13, 2006

GLEN FELIZ WEBSITE(S) - PTA (& SCHOOL?)

I am creating this post so we have a place to discuss the progress of creating a website for the PTA (and one for the school).

Also, if people have ideas and/or suggestions on what the website(s) should include, maybe this would be a good place to get them heard first. This can be a sounding board.

1. October - I spoke with the woman who created and maintains Ivanhoe's websites, and made a list which I typed up into an informal proposal which I gave to Roxanne, the president of the PTA after the Oct. PTA board meeting. At that time she told me the PTA has been planning to do a website but hasn't had the time or resources. In that proposal I mentioned there would be costs to maintain the domain, so that will not be a surprise to the PTA board. We should have more specific numbers when we bring it up at the PTA association meeting though.

Sidenote - for various reasons it makes sense to have two websites - an official school site and a PTA site. Also, a calendar is essential, and a database of parents emails would help in sending out announcements. Once again, the PTA has already started creating a database but apparently has not really utilized it yet.

If you would like to see my notes from my Ivanhoe talk or the proposal I typed up please email me at thewarroom@mac.com and I will get them to you.

2. Nov. 2 - Kei registered the domain "friendsofglenfeliz.com".

3 Nov. 11 - Promila Singh graciously offered to do a PTA website, and I forwarded her all my notes so she can make a more informed decision about whether or not she will have the time to spare.

4. Nov. 13 - Currently I am still waiting to hear back from Roxanne about a couple separate issues, so I figured I'd wait until the next PTA association meeting (Dec. 14) to discuss the website more. There is a board meeting Dec. 7 but that is not the right forum for new proposals.

Thanks,

Tim

4 comments:

K.Nguyen said...

just a little correction.

The correct Friends of Glenfeliz website is:

www.friendsofglenfeliz.org

K.Nguyen said...

I saw your proposal today!
Great work, Tim!
We should definitely present it to the school and PTA.
It'll be a great step forward:)

ninatim said...

12/14/06 - I submitted a proposal to the PTA and school at the meeting today and look forward to hearing back aroudn the next PTA board meeting.

Stewart said...

It cannot succeed in actual fact, that is exactly what I think.
my site | info here | his site